In Hindu Religion, Ganesh Chaturthi signifies the birth of Lord Ganesha, which is being celebrated in almost all regions of India but mainly in the state of Maharashtra. Every year, Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated for 10 days with wonderful devotion, this year the occasion has started from 25th August 2017. Enthusiasts in different places to offer their wishes by doing a Puja at their houses.
Things Required For Ganesh Puja
Chawki and red cloth, Lord Ganesh idol, Earthen lamp, ghee, a wick, Dhoop Stick, Raw rice unbroken (Akshat), yellow clothes, Flowers and flower garland, kumkum, Roli, (honey, Ghee, curd milk, and banana) for Panchamrit, Grass leaves, Modak, Ladoo (Sweets), Gangajal or Sacred water, Sacred Thread etc.
Ganesh Puja Vidhi
- Take Wooden Chowki and spread red cloths on the chowki, Now carefully place the idol of Lord Ganesha on the wooden chowki.
- Light a lamp and incense sticks.
- Then bring vividly Lord Ganesha in the idol by inviting him to accept your humble offerings.
- Do Abhishek with Panchamrit (made of milk, curd, banana/fruits, ghee and sugar/honey).
- Then, use water to wash the idol and wipe with a fresh piece of cotton cloth.
- Offer sacred read thread or a small piece of new yellow cloth to the deity. Then put a Janeyu around his chest make sure it sets on his remaining neck and diagonally goes around his whole body under the right shoulder.
- Then add a tika with haldi and kumkum on his forehead.
- Offer red hibiscus or any other( except white flower and tulsi) flower and Dhruva (special green grass).
- Chant the Ganesha Moola Mantra and then offer Modaka (laddu), fresh fruits (Guava, Orange, Apple, Pomegranate, and Pear), Bananas, Coconut, Paan and Supari to the Lord.
- Then Worship him with folded hands and closed eyes.
- Sing the Ganesha Aarti to close the Puja.
Shri Ganesha Mantras
Vakratunda Ganesha Mantra
“Shree Vakratunda Mahakaya Suryakoti Samaprabha
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryeshu Sarvada”
Ganesha Shubh Labh Mantra
“Om Shreem Gam Saubhagya Ganpataye
Varvarda Sarvajanma Mein Vashamanya Namah”
Ganesha Gayatri Mantra
“Om Ekadantaya Viddhamahe, Vakratundaya Dhimahi,
Tanno Danti Prachodayat”
Siddhi Vinayak Mantra
“Om Namo Siddhi Vinayakaya Sarva kaarya kartrey
Sarva vighna prashamnay Sarvarjaya Vashyakarnaya
Sarvajan Sarvastree Purush Aakarshanaya Shreeng Om Swaha.”
Ganesh Moola Mantra
“Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Glaum Gum Ganapataye Vara Varad Sarvajan janmay Vashamanaye Swaha Tatpurushaye Vidmahe Vakratundaye Dhimahi Tanno Danti Prachodyat Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi”